CINCINNATI (MARCH, 2016) – For the harsh conditions of critical process applications, steam isolation and temperature extremes, the new Crane®FKX 9000 provides unmatched performance reliability and quality. This new triple offset butterfly valve from Crane ChemPharma & Energy delivers exceptional flow control, optimized Cv and low Delta P in a single valve.
Engineered to address the inherent dangers of demanding applications, the Crane®FKX 9000 adheres to the industry’s most stringent standards, delivering zero-leak* shut off in high-temperature applications, hydrocarbon service and emergency shut down (ESD) service.
The Crane®FKX 9000 provides excellent service through a variety of innovative design features:
- Optimized Seat Angle: An innovative seat angle design and Stellite® hard-faced valve body seat deliver a longer seal life and improved abrasion resistance, even after extensive cycling. Designed to eliminate wedging or binding of the disc, and lower the operating torque, the Crane®FKX 9000 can reduce total cost of ownership by up to 50%.**
- Metal-to-Metal Sealing: The precision machined metal seat and seal ring deliver reliable and bi-directional shutoff in high-temperature, high-pressure and severe service applications, among others. The right-angle conical design facilitates an almost friction-less in-line sealing.
- Innovative Stem Seal Design: permits superior fugitive emissions control (ISO 15848, Class AH) under recurrent and extreme thermal cycling, and reduces potential down time.
- Torque-Seating: Unlike position-seated ball, butterfly or plug valves, the torque-seated Crane®FKX 9000 self-adjusts to evenly distribute seal compression. A “floating” seal ring and wide seal ring supporting gasket yield a better seal to eliminate binding and enhance performance.
- Innovative Shaft Design: Unlike alternative designs, Crane®FKX 9000 delivers superior performance in thermal expansion due to the optimal positioning of the pin connector, located in the lower portion of the disk. Our bearing design also helps to prevent shaft deflection and permits longer valve life.
“Capitalizing on previous TOV design features, the next generation Crane®FKX 9000 offers an array of new innovations that further enhance valve safety and performance to meet the needs of our customers,” said Ralf Becker, Business Line Manager for Crane ChemPharma & Energy. “This new TOV offers a world-leading fugitive emissions package and best-in-class inline seal design, which can greatly extend seal life when compared to previous designs.”
For more information about the new Crane®FKX 9000 triple-offset butterfly valve and Crane’s other industry-leading valve solutions, please visit www.cranecpe.com.
* Zero Leakage means “bubble tight“ in accordance with the following standards: API 598 (Soft Seat) & API 6D (Soft Seat)
** Tested in customer’s MDI application vs. competing design
Crane Co. is a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane provides products and solutions to customers in the aerospace, electronics, hydrocarbon processing, petrochemical, chemical, power generation, automated merchandising, transportation and other markets. The Company has four business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Engineered Materials, Merchandising Systems, and Fluid Handling. Crane has approximately 11,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:CR). For more information, visit www.craneco.com. Crane ChemPharma & Energy (within Crane’s Fluid Handling segment) designs and manufactures a variety of high performance products including: highly engineered check valves, sleeved plug valves, lined valves, process ball valves, high performance butterfly valves, bellows sealed globe valves, aseptic and industrial diaphragm valves, multi/quarter-turn valves, actuation, sight glasses, lined pipe, fittings and hoses, and air operated diaphragm and peristaltic pumps. Its trusted brands (in alphabetical order) ALOYCO®, CENTER LINE®, COMPAC-NOZ®, CRANE®, DEPA®, DUO-CHEK®, ELRO®, FLOWSEAL®, JENKINS®, KROMBACH®, NOZ-CHEK®, PACIFIC VALVES®, RESISTOFLEX®, REVO® SAUNDERS®, STOCKHAM®, TRIANGLE®, UNI-CHEK®, WTA®, and XOMOX® offer customers complete and innovative product portfolio designed for the most demanding corrosive, erosive, and high purity applications. Among the industries served are the chemical processing, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, oil & gas, refining, and power generation. For more information, visit www.cranecpe.com.